Friday, May 12, 2017

"Sweet" by Julianne McKenna


Hello Fellow Crafters! It's Julianne joining you today. 

We get so caught up in scrapbooking about our families - our partners, our children, or ourselves, that we often forget to scrap about inanimate things. But today, I'm going to change that. Today, I'm sharing a layout about my dream kitchen. 


"Sweet" is all about the gorgeous, pretty kitchen that I would love to cook in. My love of colour lends itself to everything, including a beautifully coloured house, with a shabby, vintage kitchen done in pinks, blues and yellows. Sigh...it's to die for! 


I have reflected the colours in the photo, on my layout - lots of pink, with a dash of blue and yellow.



The gorgeous pink flowers and flair are from the "Pretty In Pink" Just Add Paper Kit. You can get these pink flowers individually as well, Elegance Blooms and Fantasy Blooms. I have also used  pale pink mini rosebuds.



The "Pretty In Pink" Just Add Paper kit also included this luscious pink paper doily, a "SWEET" chipboard word, and a little pink fabric bow. I have embossed the "SWEET" chipboard word with white embossing powder to help create a smooth texture. 

The paper doily has been cut into two halves, with one placed at the top of the page, and one at the bottom. This helps create two focal points, and balances the page.  There are paper doilies in store of all different colours.


And for a lovely vintage touch, I have created bunting using paper flags and mini roses. Oh, and the twine I used - that is what the "Pretty In Pink" Just Add Paper kit was wrapped in. I'm not one to waste anything, so even the wrapping string can be recycled and reused. 


And in my usual fashion, I have included journalling. It will be interesting to look back on this layout in 10 or 20 years, and to see if my tastes have changed, or if my dream kitchen came true. 

Thanks for joining me today, and I hope I may have inspired you to scrap about things from a different point of view. Hmmm, maybe it's time to do a layout about a dream house or dream car?

If you would like to view more of my work, please visit my blog: 

Right, I'm off to buy a lotto ticket!!! What about you?

Cheers and happy crafting, xx

JULIANNE 


No comments:

Post a Comment