Saturday, May 13, 2017

...adventure time...by Nicolee Cable


Hi there wonderful D-lish people.  
Hope you're doing well on this beautiful Saturday?  
I hope it's a lovely day where ever you are!

I've chosen a layout I did recently that doesn't appear over 'D-lishy'
but even though it is not embellishment heavy, nearly all of the 
embellishments are D-lish.
It just shows that you can do grungy, boyish, embellish-lite layouts and 
still have them look amazing! (Well I think so anyway)!



Firstly I sprayed ink on plastic and then 'smooshed' it onto the paper.
Random and abstract - just as I like it!
I then stamped randomly onto the ink.


After adding a few sticker elements on the background I then used
the D-lish Scattered Stars stencil in two different ways.

First I inked through the stencil and then I traced the stars 
onto the background in some places.
It's fun to use stencils in 'old fashioned' ways again.



I inked the chipboard stars but not with full coverage, 
leaving them looking a little distressed and grungy.



Once the background was done, it's then that I layered the elements.
After tearing up a piece of gifted glittery mesh (it can never be square or predictable can it?)
I layered my D-lish embellishments.




Here is a list of what I used (can you spy them all?):


All the layout needed was a title and we're done!

So there you have a grungy, funky boy layout - 
with some pretty cool D-lish embellishments
to top it off!

I'd love to see what you come up with in your creative time.
Pop on over to the D-lish store to see what goodies are available.

We also are running our May Cybercrop so we'd love 
you to pop over to The Scrap Suite on FB and join in.
Hopefully you'll be inspired by what the Design Team have created 
and we'd love to see your wonderful creations.  
There's always great prizes up for grabs!

Have a great weekend and I'll see you in a fortnights time for another share.

Take care
Nicolee xx









No comments:

Post a Comment